23 March 2011

Capturing history


When Niki and I visited Christchurch we took over 700 photos of cafes and scenes around the central city and Lyttelton. I have just been going through them and have a list of 369 good photos. As I was reviewing all these photos I realised how much of a piece of history we had captured.

Having these photos displayed at an exhibition is my priority, both in Auckland and Christchurch. It won't be all the photos at the exhibition, but those that aren't will be on the website. For some these images will be very important, capturing a memory of something lost since the quake.

The Auckland exhibition is being held in June and if anyone reading this would like to help with the project please feel free to make contact. I am more than willing to devote my time and energy to making this happen, will you lend your support?

No comments: