27 November 2010

Saturday 27th November - Day 11

I heard whispers early in the morning and slept on. On awakening much later it was to find Matthew and I deserted by the kids. They had found themselves a movie in the early morning T.V room and so we had the luxury of chatting uninterrupted for the first time in eleven days. Working, managing kids and cafes, driving and enjoying the travels leaves little time for us to just be and it was a most welcome change. I think the midnight mission to the ablution block had taken its toll, between that and vivid dreams I needed the processing time to be back to me.
The intensity of moving from place to place, meeting lots of new people, being in close proximity to the family over an extended time frame all makes for rapid personal growth. For those reading from psychotherapy its like ET with changing scenery, the good bits of ET mostly.
Anyway post packing, at which we are now experts, we went into Hamner Springs proper and I demanded a coffee. It was already 11.30 and I wasn't prepared to wait to the next stop. Lots of protest from others who wanted treats but I had a selfish mother moment and it was good.
Climbing upward to Lewis Pass the scenery pulled me back into the travels of days gone by and the heat was one I haven't experienced for a long time. It is different from the north, more intense like the flavour of reduced apple juice.
We passed Maruia Springs that Ethan had visited before with his mum and on into Maruia itself. There we visited Reid's Store, another cafe that has a good reputation. Mark and Karen are the owners and they were very happy to tell their story, be included in the book, have a copy of the original book and take our money for lunch. The cafe is currently on the market.
It is really interesting to me the different attitudes and levels of hospitality we come across. We are staying in Murchison tonight at the Riversong Cottages. Jenny is our host and she is hospitality personified. A warm welcome pointing out the local swimming hole which was much needed in the heat of the day. On meeting Ruby she offered up a pony ride and when we came back from our swim she came through with that promise. The kids got to round up and then feed the free range chickens, collecting eggs that Jenny donated for breakfast tomorrow. To top it off she offered to look after the kids if Matthew and I wanted to have dinner out alone. We didn't take her up on her offer but it was much appreciated and revived my spirits after becoming disillusioned by my days cafe experience.
My life experience is such that generosity of self, as Jenny has shown us, leads to abundance. I wish it upon her and Melissa in buckets.
I spoke with my brother Pete and we are meeting him in Motueka tomorrow and joining the whole family for a bbq on monday night. Looking forward to that.
I am lying on my bed in my cottage with birds, river, horses and lovely gardens outside. I feel rested physically and in my soul. Love...love..love.dah-de-dah.

No comments: