23 November 2010

Tuesday 23rd November - Day 7

We are getting the packing thing down pat now and managed to breakfast and be gone by 9.30. A new record! The day stretched out in front of us with a bit of travelling to get to Whanganui via Opunake and some cafes to visit.
First leg to Opunake was nice. Following the surf highway with the tasman on one side and the mountain on the other. A couple of photo stops along the way and we ended up at Sugar Juice Cafe. The owners Beth and Jarrah were not there on the day but the women who were there, Sharon, Gwenyth and co, made us very welcome and gave is the the cafe story we needed. Really good food and I am itching to get hold of the wholemeal pastry recipe but I think I may be pushing the proverbial up hill. The caramel slice however I may just be able to manage. I will have to have a converstion with Beth.
Matthew headed down to the beach with the kids while I finished up in the Cafe and then I went down to meet them. What started out as a look ended up with all the kids swimming and and digging for Spain. After an hour or so we headed back to the paddling pool and playground across the road. Best place for kids. All three had a ball even though the pool was below all their knees. It served the double purpose of removing the sand before getting back into the Honda.
Back on the road via a petrol station where the guy does haircuts, coffee, hardware and any number of other services.
We arrived at Wanganui River Top Ten Holiday Park to find all things that kids could want. Bouncing pillow, heated swimming pool, tramp, swings, slides, the list goes on. So here I am now sitting in our motel unit enjoying the peace and serenity as the kids have a swim. I do believe I may now go and join them prior to dinner. Ka kite ano.

No comments: