9 January 2011

7th January I think?

Having cried at the prospect of coming with Matthew and I for the day and leaving Emma behind, Ruby was again with Emma and Ellen. I think that she may end up visiting Nana in Wellington and spending the whole time with Emma.
Anyway, another day for us to crank through the work. Wellington really needs its own book and the thought is one we may follow through on. The history of coffee in New Zealand may or may not originate here, the argument continues. However the stories and commitment to quality may be of greater importance here than anywhere else in the country. I can hear the argument beginning as I type.
Anyway we visited Havana roastery today and I was thrilled that they have a copy of our first book amoung the reading material. Yay!! We spoke with Jeremy as Tim and Geoff were away and Matthew was in heaven photographing the beautiful surroundings.
The trouble with being in Wellington at this time of year is that many of the cafes are closed for the break and so we missed a couple that I hear are fantastic. The Larder in Mirimar and just around the corner Cafe Polo were two I would have liked to see.
On our travels we often heard of the Peoples Coffee and so we went to Newtown to check out their teeny cafe. The coffee was great, the chocolate too. We had already seen their place in town and the Newtown site seemed to hold the original spirit. Organic and more multicultural in punter than we had come accross since leaving Auckland. Having finally found the roastery we swapped emails and will get the story at a later date.
I was done by this stage of the day so we got some good food and went home to clean my sisters apartment before we leave tomorrow. Thanks Di and Witi. We loved the apartment and didn't really want to leave it's safety. Wellington reminded me why we had to leave as the wind buffetted the windows on our last night. No more time here, welcome over, fly north.

No comments: