9 January 2011

Sunday, finally up to date!!

It is the ninth and I am back to being oriented in my days.
This morning was an early one as we were determined to get some more shots of the now famous Moa Store dresses. It is amazing how many people have asked me where I got my dresses and are keen to get their own. The weather was completely uncooperative and just as we got set up the drizzle and then rain set in. We finally made a go of it with Ruby and I covering Matthew and the camera with a bbq cover while he took the shots. Some nice shots eventuated which was heartening and a testiment to Matthews eye and developing skill.

Having said our goodbyes to the cottage and Heather we travelled middle road toward Havelock North. Audrey called me on our way and told me of a Gallery and cafe on that road that she loves. It looked great from the outside but unfortunatly we were too early for its 10am opening and we kept on driving.

The Opera Kitchen beckoned. Yes because we wanted a revisit but also because Matthew needed to take a photo of the food that is intended to be included in the book as a recipe. We arrived at about 9.30 and didn't leave until just on lunch time. I did some blogging and Matthew waited for the sunshine to make a brief lighting appearance for his food shot. By the time we left my mission to fit my clothes was set back and this place was confirmed as a favourite.

Today is the day for quality and we found more at Bens place in Napier, Groove Kitchen Espresso. No relation to Opera Kitchen but a dedication to quality that is comparable. Ben has been in hospitality from the age of 16 and has developed a wealth of knowledge around the techniques and nuance of coffee making. Honestly I was blown away with this mans passion and knowledge. I have spoken to a number of roasters who know alot about that process and the art of making coffee, but never with someone so open to learning and experimenting. He has beautiful eyes, a lovely manner lacking arrogance and skill that is enviable. Yes I am a fan!! Not only is the coffee a cut above the rest, the food is everchanging and quality.

Ruby became a fan of Bens place as he allowed her to go on the net with the screen projected onto the wall. Very impressive. This was another welcome addition to her day as she had already purchased a full length dress at a very low cost and was feeling like a lady!!

We left Hastings at 3.23pm with varying estimates of drive time to Gisborne. Between 3 and 5 hours. We arrived at 6.3o weary and glad to be staying in a house with space and a big bed.

I know Matthew has been missing Ethan and I have been thinking about Mika alot too. It was such a gift to be together at the beginning of the trip and although we are still having fun and I am sure they are too...Mika and Ethan are missed by US.

I am lying in bed doing this blog (with comfort comes verbal abundance) and now being up to date I am looking forward to a long nights sleep. Night.

No comments: