24 January 2010

Boring - followed with great elation

The printer bill is due and we haven’t got all the money yet. I decide to sell my bike, we hardly ever go riding on it and the cost of getting it registered is going up. Luckily a cool musician buys it, and I know he will look after her. These are the boring bits that I don’t like, the money side of it, but heck without it the choices around life become limited. We start to think of ways to try and promote the book, but we can’t afford advertising and it’s not too long before I become disillusioned with the whole book journey. Why did we print so many, how the hell will we sell them… this is all too hard.

Of course life has a flow and when you least expect it just what you need turns up. Rhiannon from the Central Leader and wants to do a story on us this week. I am enthusiastic, but cautious as well. It will probably be small, and won’t make much difference. We meet at a café and the interview goes well, they take a number of photos of me and I love the attention.

Five days later the article is in the Central Leader and its on page 2 and half a page long. Niki and I are impressed, cool…. a really good write up about us, thanks Rhiannon. Friends ring to congratulate us and a bookstore we never heard of orders some books. Things are on a roll again…. Matthew


No comments: