20 January 2010

The first book days - and fun

So we have a book. My kids are used to seeing me do the A dance. This is a particularly stylish move that takes place on the odd occasion one of my assignments gets an A. The new book dance takes us to a whole different level of excitement. We did it. Broke through the drama of learning new software, taking photos, editing, writing, deciding on numbers and we have it, the fantastic culmination of all our work. The dance is a sight to behold!


Now all my friends and family join the excitement with my mum being the number one fan encouraging all the people she comes into contact with to buy the book. We have it in the bookshops and in the cafes for sale. People are commenting on loving it. The media hype begins and we ride the wave of people loving our work. It really is a buzz!

Heading for Christmas and chasing the payments, the bubble shrinks but not bursts. Now I have to get organised for the family Christmas at my place. The kids are making plans for holidays and other parent time. For a while the book takes a back seat. So it should the kids have had to put up with unavailable adults for the last couple of months and I have missed my friends. The key to happiness is balance and here is mine. Niki putting psycho babble in to practice…

Niki

No comments: