16 November 2011

Enough of the sea and mist

I had enough sea and parks with mist to sink a small battleship and I needed something else for the portfolio. Something that captured the urban and concrete that Auckland has. I shot down at Wynyard Quarter over three days from late afternoon to just after sunset. I was able to capture some of the old container buildings, with shadows and curves that intrigued me.


Bold and foreboding, if only I had got a person in front dressed in bright red.




I love the shadows and how the light highlights the blue. I was trying to use a ladder for this shot, but it was too unstable so I ended up with the tripod on a step.




If only this pair of steps had a sun setting behind them, but I ran out of days to shoot and I had a portfolio to create.

No comments: