16 November 2011

Getting my focus

When I first started taking shots at night I would often have out of focus images. I found it hard to look through the viewfinder and see clearly enough what I wanted in focus. I tried using the auto focus but the camera struggled with being able to know what to focus on.

But with shooting so many nights and having to wait around for the light I played with the live view function. Eureka, I could finally fine tune my focus and make the images crystal clear, and sharp as a pin. I feel in love with photography all over again. I could even zoom in on the image and make a specific part of the subject what is in focus, and with a very shallow depth of field this became a valuable tool.



This shot was taken with f1.8 and the focus is exactly where I wanted it to be.


No comments: