26 December 2010

Saturday the 18th December




Yes, finally Matthew is doing the blog, so no more complaining Mark. Today we leave Ohau and drive all the way to Christchurch, this will take us all day and the only cafe planned is one in Timaru. We leave about 10 and the drive is beautiful, the lakes the sky, the tussock, all seems surreal compared to Auckland. I love the way that the lakes have that almost turquoise blue colour, and the shimmer they get with the sunlight. I just have to stop and put my foot in the water and take a photo. It is one of those moments I will remember, Ethan and I by the lake edge and the calmness, everyone else is in the car. I photograph the water but don't think i have captured the essence of the experience.

We travel for hours and hit lupin territory, Niki starts talking dress photos, and we find a place to stop. After frantically trying to get them to look right, all while waiting for a break in the Northwester wind. We get some good shots, you decide...

A stop in Timary to do another cool cafe and finally we hit Chrsitchurch around 5pm, the temerature is 33 and I am looking forward to being anywhere but in the car.

No comments: