14 October 2011

Colour catastrophe

So I thought the colour part would be a little bit more straight forward, but of course my Photoshop patience was called for again. Colour is made up of hues, saturation, and vibrance. But not only do we have this but we also have colour temperature, and just to top it off, colour is always in context of what it is with. A black can look at lot different if it is next to a dark green, versus a bright white.

Of course Photoshop again give me many ways to play with colour and I realise that although I can look at an image and know it isn't quite how I want it to look, I don't know what colour needs to go. Learning about colour is a world in itself. I know that I have a selection of doll images that have an earthy brown New Zealand look to them, but I want to set this against a steel fashion look to give a sense of elegance. There is a scene in the Miami Vice movie where it is very early morning and the colour of the sky is a cool steel blue, this is what I want.

But there is work to be done before I can get to this and the selection of images that I chose keeps changing as things don't go together. Here are 10 images from my first selection, along with the colour theme I started out with.


No comments: