6 October 2011

Experimentation and Wednesday stress

This project has taken me a long time to get my head around. I started with wnting to do a series of portraits, and I looked at some famous photographers. But when I started to do a plan I realsied that I didnt really have enough time to be able to organise the sitters I would need.

The constraints of my life made me look at what I could photograph at home, and this lead me to looking at dolls. I had shot a doll before and there is something about dolls that attracts me. I then gathered up the dolls that Ruby had and started to ask friends for ones as well. I only managed to get 4 good dolls and I was struggling with what my story would be. If I can't see the big picture then I find it hard to work on the detail.

By Wednesday I was getting stressed, no storyline, no idea of how I actually wanted to photograph the dolls, so when I don't know what to do the best thing is to takle photos. I setup in the bedroom, shot with tungston and with a torch and had a look. God they were terrible, boring, nothing that would make soemthing go "that's cool". I started playing witht the images, cropping, contrast, colour temp, and finally got an image that was starting to look good. A bit more work and I had four photos taht I was happy they gave me a sort of direction.

No comments: