17 October 2011

Spots and clones - the art of touch up

I have learnt about the spot removal tool, and the clone tool. I knew about these before but didn't really get how they worked and how I should use them. After many hours of practice I realise that it is all about subtlety. A little bit of one tool, and maybe a little of the other, take my time (patience again) and with a good eye miracles are possible. I managed to get rid of an almost impossible line, and doll blemishes you will never know where there.  It occurs to me that I am being an artist with my brush. Slowly, and with great finesse I can make my dolls more beautiful, and the trick is to show nothing. In other words the adjustment I make should blend in seemlessly, as if it was always there.

I can use these tools with a little more confidence and although the dolls shots aren't the best I have been able to make them pop a little more.




No comments: