17 August 2011

Cornwall Park at night

I had this idea to go to Cornwall park at night and do some more shots around where I had when there was the mist. I drove around in the afternoon to see if I could get in by car after dark but saw that all entrances would be gated at night. I decided in a car park close by and planned to return that night.

I managed to get the two boys to come along, they bought skateboards and off we set. I was surprised at how dark it was, and once we were in I found a spot to start shooting trees and see If I could light them with a torch to create some light effects. I quickly realised that I was going to need the shutter open for at least a few minutes and without a shutter release I could have the shutter open and then be off painting the trees with light. The kids weren't interested in helping, think I will have to bribe them next time. All my shots were too dark, but I did manage to get a two minute exposure of the moon just before I left.





No comments: