29 August 2011

Sunday city community

n Sunday evening we took Ruby, the other kids are away, and went to the Wynyard Quarter to have a look around, and maybe get some good photos. We arrived as the sun was setting and I didn't really have enough time to find a good location, so I missed the chance to get a good sunset photo.

However, with my new found experience of shooting with slow shutter speeds and using the tripod I managed to get some evening shots that were quite nice. The city is a location full with many diverse communities, from restaurants, to tourist groups, and those that live in the high rises, a city brings them all together to make another community of city dwellers.

Here are a couple of shots of the city's structures that as part of her community we enjoy.



This photo is a long exposure and I was trying to capture the kids around the piano who were playing it. Because of the long exposure I found it difficult to get the right movement of the people. I took four shots and this is the best one.


This photo was shot with around a 20 second exposure. I was trying to capture interesting reflections in the chrome of the funnel.