14 August 2011

Exploring night and Masters

After my uplifting shots from the morning I had a look at the new assignment. I also went to the library and got the book Rites and Passages by Minor White. It is fascinating to read about someone who I feel akin to. The first photo in the book is a black and white of peeling wallpaper, such a simple subject but filled with grace and style. I much prefer to look at images in print and having a book is so much better than a screen. It feels like the photos can be shown as they were meant to be.

I also had a look at the nocturnes website, amazing that there are people dedicated to shooting at night, www.thenocturnes.com

Here are a few images that I really like and have given me some ideas on what I could shoot at night.


Robert Garrett

Larrie Thomson


C Sarnoff


Yes inspirational stuff. So where do i go and what shall I shoot with long exposures, but hang on I don't have a cable release and they are at least $60 on Trade Me. After a bit of exploring I can do it with the laptop, so maybe I will shot around the home and see what I can create.


No comments: