1 August 2011

Monday – A room with a view





Today I am off to the Auckland University to take shots from the Kate Edger building. On the top floor in the quiet study space there are many views that I can look at. I start to get the difference between making and taking. What is the story I want to tell, what elements in the frame will do this. I look down on the street and see a throng of people waiting for the lights to cross the road. I want to capture busy. I wait but the angle I have is wrong and before I know it everyone has gone to class. Waiting for another hour and the light will be too flat, so I will come back for more.

I walk along the balcony on the way out to see if there are any other views that I like. I become the voyeur watching the groups of people talking in their own intimate worlds. A few see me and the feeling changes, some wave, others feel uncomfortable.

No comments: