29 August 2011

Community - Matheson Beaumont

With going to live in Queenstown I wanted to know of photographers who known for photographing the South Island, and I came across Matheson Beaumont. He has been photographing South Island landscapes for over 40 years and I love the quality of his work. The thing with a landscape is that it reminds us of locations that we like, and often these are places we grew up or have visited that we love. A location can easily be tied into community, I have taken many photos of small town throughout the country and the sense of a tight knit community has always been something that has attracted me. This is one of the reasons I am moving to Queenstown, to live in a smaller town with a stronger community ties.


This photo is of Lake Wakatipu and is the lake we will be living next to as we build a new community.




This photo is titled Sea and Sky and I love the way Matheson Beaumont has been able to bring the two together, it is just a beautiful and honest photo.

Both of these photos are from his website at http://www.nz-landscapes.co.nz

Moving to a new landscape means moving to a new local community, a new community of friends, as well as the tourist community.

No comments: