29 August 2011

Saturday - looking for community in Cornwall park

I was lying in bed at 6:30 am on Saturday debating with myself about going to take some photos at Cornwall park. The light didn't look that good but I wanted to see what the park was like really early, and without mist. I knew I would regret it if I didn't so off I went.

I was lucky and got into a groove with my photography and started to really enjoy it. The people running, the people on bikes, and the early morning light made it enjoyable. I looked for different angles, lines that could draw the eye, and representations of community. I photographed objects, locations, and people and found a flaw in my photography..

I am starting to get good at shooting totally manual, except with the focus when the object is moving fast, as the cyclists were. By the time I had the aperture and shutter where I wanted, and the exposure right, I had run out of time to get the focus where I wanted it. So I will have to say that the following photo was deliberately done to create a sense of movement, believe me!





Well at least it is an image that depicts another community, I will go back next weekend to reshoot, and from lower down and in front.

No comments: