1 August 2011

Precious





I travelled across Auckland yesterday afternoon with Ruby and Harriet in search of what is precious. I took photos of horses, seagulls, kids, and beaches. It was sunny and Auckland is beautiful on a sunny day.

That night I had to take my 90 images and pick six or less that are symbolic of what is precious. It didn’t take long (with the help of Niki) to have four great shots that symbolise my theme of precious. Taking a photo is about capturing a random moment, a certain angle, something that is precious to me and that I want to show others. And the four images tell a story, of the diversity of Auckland, not only in its people, but in its places as well. I hope these images are symbolic of what I find precious about Auckland, DIVERSITY.

Well I had my work ctitiqued and I like all the photos submitted, see them here. But from the point of view of crating a coherent theme the Devonport shot didn’t belong. It was the one shot without people in it, and yes I did have the same shot with a couple of kids in it but didn’t choose it. The upside to this is my weakness of being ale to be objective about what is a good photo and why came to the fore. Having not studied art and feeling like I am a beginner artists I lack confidence around my work.



No comments: