7 August 2011

weekend weather

On Saturday I went to the library to get some books on famous photographers. I ended up with Photography in 100 Words and PhotoArt. Photography in 100 Words I have read before so it was interesting to see how I interpret the images now. I "see" more in the photos now, how they are constructed, how the use of certain elements make the photo work.

On my way back along High St I walked past two scenes that I could photograph, with the right light. One is like the shot I did of Queen St at the end of the day and if I can get the same light then I can capture a certain historic mood. The other is a tree in Vulcan lane, just need an angle and backdrop that will work.

Sunday it rains and the light is gloomy. I have been reading my page on how to analyze a photo and looking at the elements and principles of a photo. I then apply these to the images I am seeing in the books.

I come across Polly Borland, an Australian photographer from Melbourne, my place of birth. I love the shot of the Queen. The close perspective and the sparkling yellow make her shine is a way not captured before.

No comments: