5 September 2011

Environmental portraiture

Over the weekend I borrowed the light kit, but what I didn' realise is how much work is involved in setting up a shot. I had an image in my head, pre-visualization, was a shot using the toilet. I tested out the angle of shot that I wanted but found that I couldn't get the person in the frame. So I setup another scene in the lounge and started to shoot Ruby. But getting the light right and stopping her from being board was a mission in itself.

I tried on two separate occasions and finally ended up with something that I feel can be used for tomorrow. Here are some examples.




So the environment is the lounge, the barbie is such a great model, didn't complain once.

I must admit that the kiss acronym comes to mind, keep it simple stupid. I had started with a shot where I was using mirrors and had the model sitting on a chair staring at the TV, with the mirror I could photograph them and the TV that they were starring at, all in the one frame. But doing this and getting the light right, and keeping an 8 year old happy proved to be too much.

No comments: