10 September 2011

Portfolio - Capturing time

During one of my reckies, exploring the new Wynyard Quarter I loved the way it has a long walk for people to explore. I wanted to do some night shots so took the kids to explore at dusk. I almost missed the sunset and was disappointed with the shots I got. But I had the tripod and ask the light changed to night I took a range of photos using a slow shutter. Some of the times where up to 2 seconds and I enjoyed what the images did with the movement of people. I reviewed the images and although I liked them and especially the colour they needed something to make them more dramatic.  

Here I get introduced to the art of multiple exposures, and again my new friend Photoshop. Meighan showed me how, and away I went with editing my three images into a single almost abstract night image to capture time. I finished it on Thursday night, but by Friday morning decided to make some more changes. Although it looks abstract the way I have joined them, how they flow into each other is carefully planned. even how opacity each has, this is an area I will need to be careful on knowing when to stop.

Here it is.


No comments: