29 September 2011

The Holidays and self portraiture

Well I have just had two weeks off and I must admit that self portraiture was not what I wanted to photograph. As I was with family in Christchurch and Queenstown I decided that I would take some family shots with the idea of somehow linking them to symbolise who I am.

Here is a shot of our pirate day for my mum's birthday. Although she is in her eighties she is still young at heart.

So here is an idea, I could take a photo of my mother, and another of Ethan, and blend these in photoshop with a photo of me. I wonder what that would look like. I did think of doing a long exposure and having each of us sit in the same position and then paint with light, but I didn't like the impact it might have on mum (needing to be pitch black) so decided the photoshop option would be better.


No comments: