8 September 2011

Playing with lens

I managed to get Ethan to come and play with me at Cornwall park. I wanted him to take photos and I wanted to use the 20mm lens I had borrowed from school. We arrived at the park at about 4:30 and the light was poor. I had wanted to take a shot of a large tree as I had seen it when it was bathed in light at the end of the day. I watched the clouds until finally the sun broke through and I started shooting this tree. It took a while to get a feel for the lens, and even longer for the tree. I thought the photos would be better than they turned out, but for my first time with the lens they were okay.



With a wide angle lens there is so much more that can go into the shot, and how the lens changes the image is interesting. I wanted to create a sense of majesty and with the light for this next shot it got closer



And to finish off, a row of trees with some nice light shadows. Yes I have more work to do with shooting trees, I want to make a photo that goes WOW



No comments: