8 September 2011

Portfolio for Friday

The process of editing and selecting my images for this portfolio has been completely different from the last one. I feel like I have a new technique that I can use and a better eye for what goes together. I have chosen the following briefs to showcase.

Movement and capturing time
Community
Still Lives
Environmental portraiture

So be able to select more effectively is only half the battle. I am now starting to use Photoshop with layers and doing edits to each image. Wow, there is so much to learn where do I start. I must admit that I got a little carried away with the possibilities, have a look at this.


So this is a whole new world, the world of photoshop and image manipulation. But if its in the name of art then it is worth it. And with this portfolio I wanted to do a range of ways that my images could be presented. I didn't want to do the typical triptych that I did last time, I wanted to challenge myself more.

So what I will be presenting is a grid with four images for my still life, a single portrait image, a series of four images in a specific order for community, and my newly found Photoshop tool of superimposing images over each other for capturing time (three night shots that I have linked together with layers and I hope to get a great looking piece of abstract photography out of it.


No comments: