5 September 2011

More Minor White

I am just finishing off the book about Minor White called Rites and Passages. The way I look at the images from when I first took the book out to now is remarkable. I feel that I see images in a different light now (excuse the pun). I see how the light is used, how the use of lines, contrast tells my eyes a story. It is so delightful to have this experience.

To top it off there are some quotes from him that I really resonate with. Here are a few
"Be still with yourself until the object of your attention affirms your presence". I love this, being in the stillness of the photo.

And this one that is under this photo




Let the subject generate its own photography. Become a camera.

So to honour this saying here is a photo I took last night, when I tried to become the camera.



Boy it was difficult to balance on the wall, hold the tripod so nothing would move, and try out my new remote shutter release. Guess where I was..

No comments: