8 September 2011

More Research - Gregory Crewdson

Meighan had given me a link to a YouTube video on Gregory Crewdson. I was already impressed with the images in his book called Twilight so seeing how he worked and created them was fascinating. It is amazing to think that each shot is almost like a movie setup. The amount of planning and preparation that goes into making the shot is unbelievable.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RywAfP4KFcY

He talks about making the perfect photograph, about all the problems he has with setup, lighting etc, and it is the moment when he captures a perfect world that makes it all worth it.

So much to learn, maybe over the holidays I will pick one shot to make, see if I can make a perfect world in a photo. And I think it will have to be a tree.. Well, maybe something else, stay tuned.

No comments: